Yeah y’all can have your basic ass Taylor and Zac, this is what I’m taking about. (x)
1. Abbey Road by The Beatles. Everything about that album is epic. The ebbs and flows of the songs, the timbre of their voices in perfect harmony in “because”. Wonderful riffs. And then the last half of the album where it goes from song to song without pausing, they just flow into each other. Only to go out with a bang. "And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make".
2. This Time Around by Hanson. I was going to say “Middle Of Nowhere”, but they’re pretty much neck in neck, tied if you will. Anyway, my mom bought me this CD as a reward for going to school for a full week, so I pass my Freshman year and go onto my Sophomore. I just had my first massive breakup, and songs like “This Time Around”, “Dying To Be Alive”, and “Song To Sing” got me through a really, really hard time. I earned this CD and also got some gratitude toward the situation. Oh, and I moved onto my Sophomore year. :p
3. Stripped by Christina Aguilera. This is another post-breaking album,same guy. But for good this time! I struggled for awhile and could relate to so many big, fat “FUCK YOU!” songs. Great album.
4. Born This Way by Lady Gaga. This album gives me the FEEEEEEEELS! I cannot stress that enough! Her voice is so magical, and especially on this album. The lyrics are genius. Everything is genius. She’s a talented woman. No questioning.
5. Beyonce’ by Beyonce’. Ugh. This album. THIS ALBUM! I, along with everyone else, was super shocked to see she released an album…secretly. NO PROMO. And it did goddamn well! I fucking love how dirty it is. In past Bey albums, she’s skirted around topic of sex, making it sound “cute”. But this is raw and dirty. I flipping love it.
Yes, I realize the majority of these are fairly recent. But damn. Those are my top 5.
louteasdale: It says picture unavailable right here
I am just so happy to be alive
Love this photo.
I made an “Awesome Hanson Mix” (that’s literally what I called it lol) playlist on iTunes, and most of it is comprised of This Time Around songs. Memories are surging back to me.
I don’t give a fuck what anybody says about them, they are the best band of this generation. The true OG. ;)